Thursday, September 18, 2008

R.I.P. My Friend

It was on Sunday, close to midnight, i received an unexpected message from my good friend, L. It is quite rare to have her sending me a message this late, i somewhat felt uncomfortable at that moment too.

There, the message content was to inform me about the memorial service held for a good friend of mine, LBS on the following morning. LBS passed away earlier in the evening after a long battle with cancer. He was truly a fighter and like my other friends said, LBS proved the doctors wrong for the past 20+ years.

LBS, though you have left us, but the memories of our friendship together will etch forever in our hearts. We will always keep you in our prayer and may you rest in peace.

Me and LBS have been good friends since primary 1. We sat next to each other and we remained as classmates until we finished our SPM. We grew up together and he has always been the 'Tai Kor' to us for he was always the class rep. throughout our schooling years. He was a good friend, a good listener, a good tutor, a good son and truly a man with a loving heart.

You will always be remembered my dear friend..

No comments: