Monday, November 17, 2008

Banana Cake Bread - Vegan Style



Have i ever confessed that i have soft spot for local fruits? I can polish off 2 medium size of papayas, half watermelon and 4 bananas at one go. I just don't know why but i LOVE these fruits to bits! It's a must have weekly intake for me.

Mom brought back a big comb of banana one day....and most of the bananas are becoming overly riped. Ha...perfect timing for a banana cake. As usual, i google for a new banana cake recipe...but then...i stumble across this website. This vegetarian blogger is actually a dancer who has a big heart for baking. Her peanut-butter-banana-cake-bread photo drove me nuts because it was soooo tempting and it's eggless!!!!! Without hesitation, i copied down all the ingredients needed and hurried to the kitchen.

I altered the recipe a lil as i did not have a bottle of peanut butter at home and my house has only peanut cooking oil. What i did was, i melted the butter and replaced 1/8 cup of canola oil called in the recipe with 1/4 cup of melted butter. I added pure unsweetened thick soy milk to get the correct consistency of the cake-bread batter prior baking.

Verdict : Awesome!!!!! So moist and so healthy! This is a superbly easy & fail proof recipe. Definitely a keeper!

No comments: