Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Steam Honey Sponge Cake

At first, i thought of making Ma Lai Kou (chinese sponge cake) but.....after flipping my through my i-can't-live-without-book, hehe...i quickly change my mind to make this steam honey sponge cake.

I remember extracting this recipe from somebody else's blog...but i really cannot remember whose blog i extracted from...so, anyway...this is truly a delicious easy sponge cake to make! It's steamed and no messy utensils to clean after.

Ingredients :
  • 250g of butter
  • 230g of brown sugar
  • 5 eggs
  • 1.5 tsp of vanilla extract
  • 2 tbsp of honey
  • 300g plain flour
  • 1.5 tsp of baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp of baking soda
  • Baby pinch of salt
Method:
  1. Cream butter and sugar till mixture appear yellowish brown and smooth in texture.
  2. Beat in the eggs, one at a time and mix till well combined.
  3. Add in vanilla extract and honey. Continue mixing until well combined.
  4. Add in the rest of the sifted dry ingredients to the mixture and beat till well combined (smooth thick mixture).
  5. Pour mixture into baking pan and steam over rapid boiling water for 45-50 minutes.

Verdict : Look at how moist and soft of the cake...that is how yummylicious the cake is...muahahaha...okay...i'm boasting a lil here...but hey...the cake truly taste as good as the pic displayed~ no play play oooo!

4 comments:

JenJen's Place said...

YUMMY!! Cant wait till i get my own place to start messing the kitchen up with cooking/baking/experimenting!!!!

dumb-baker said...

Oh jen...i can't wait for u to bake/experiment too...then i can try out all ur recipes posted in ur blog..hehe

Health Freak Mommy said...

I can see that too... and my tummy is rumbling now :)

JenJen's Place said...

Hi dear,
That was suppose to be my phrase, try out all the recipes u posted here when i get my place! Cant wait to make babe my guinea pig tester :P