Saturday, April 26, 2008

Chinese Peanut Pancake / Man Jien Kuih



It's Saturday!!!!

Started my day at 615am with jogging at a nearby park. It was super dark and i got so scared that i would be 'kidnapped' by some hooligans...am i thinking too much?

So after the jog, i was soooooo eppi with my flatter stomach that i quickly went home and made myself a hearty breakfast. I vowed earlier that i would at least try to stay healthy for 1 month by ceasing junk food intake...and while i was having my tasteless bowl of oatmeal, i heard this..

Psst psst...over here!! over here!!

Guess what was 'calling' me? a bottle of coarsely chopped peanuts....yerrr! Why liddat 1??? I wanna stay healthy also kenot! Suddenly i was walking towards my recipe books cabinet...and suddenly i was pulling out a book....and the next second i found myself whipping up a batter!! Haha!!

Ok...here's what i've got:

Batter:
  • 220g of plain flour
  • 40g of sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 tsp soda bicarbonate
  • 1/2 tsp yeast
  • 1 cup of water
Filling:

Coarsely chopped peanuts + balanced amount of sugar

Method:

  1. Combine all the batter ingredients in a mixing bowl using a whisk. Set aside the smooth and silky batter for 30 minutes.
  2. Heat up a non stick pan. On low fire, pour the batter to the pan and spread evenly. Close the pan with a lid for about 40 seconds.
  3. Toss a handful of fillings over the pancake. Fold the pancake into half moon shape. Cut and serve hot.
The man jien kuih is super delicious and super easy to make!! A definite keeper!!
aiyoyo...sumbody please stop me from eating....

Man Jien Kuih Cooking in the pan

2 comments:

Jessie said...

hey girl.. saw the chatbox..

what bad experience u encounter ler..?

u can tell me all about it ..

email me at bugtoo@hotmail.com

they felt bad too coz they emailed me about it..
they said they were slow at replying your email bcoz of some reasons..

hehe, dun be so mad ya... not pretty oooh.. ur bibi dun like ler..

i also dunno but i nv encountered such thing before..

btw, nice kuih u got there!

dumb-baker said...

hey girl,

Yea...the nightmare is over now...geee....i have never been this mad b4...i guess the PMS really affected my mood...hehehhe!