Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Dinner For Two

I’m not a good daughter. Know why? Cuz when my parents are not around, I’ll P-A-R-T-E-Y at home! (bet you are just like me :P)

Stop! No….that’s not the (booze) party I’m having k! When I said party, I meant partying with the ingredients and cooking utensils in my house! Wakaka…well I rarely get to experiment my cooking skills at home…mum thinks that I’ve worked all day and by the time I’m home, I’ll be darn tired to cook…so she thinks that I should come home to a feast on the dining table waiting for me….that’s how lucky I am! ;>

Ok…skip the nonsense. Mom and dad are away for their vacation in Bali…so that means I gotta ‘eat myself’ for these few nights. Normally, one would sulk at the idea of cooking and eating alone…but I’m just opposite! I luv it when I get to cook anything I want….anything that includes an extreme dinner combo…hahaha…so tonight’s dinner for me :

Appetizer: recipe from here
Biscuits with butter & jam

Main Course: self inventory
Pasta Ala Campbell’s Mushroom Soup (Cream)
comes with chicken frankfurters, squid, straw mushroom and frozen mixed veggie

  1. Boil a packet of spaghetti till Al-Dente
  2. Heat a tbsp of oil in a pot and stir fry the chicken frankfurters (about 5 pieces), squid (3/4 cup), straw mushroom (1/2 cup, sliced) and frozen mixed veggie (1 cup) for 1 minute.
  3. Pour a can of the mushroom soup into the pot and add half can of water to the pot.
  4. Stir until the mixture is silky and creamy in the pot.
  5. Season with dashes of black pepper. Dish up to a bowl of spaghetti. Serve hot
Stir fry cabbage with chopped garlic
  1. Heat a tbsp of oil in a wok. Sauteed the garlic till fragrant.
  2. Add the cabbage and continue stir frying till cook. Add ½ tsp of salt to the cooked cabbage and turn off the heat.
  3. Mix well and dish up. Serve hot.

Dessert:
Red Bean soup with black glutinous rice and sago (self inventory)

IKO Cookies

Look at my weird food combo below….how is it possible not to say that I’m partying?? Also....dinner for two? heck! I'm too hungry that i was licking clean all the plates by myself. (I guess the taboo on skinny girls don't eat should be abolished! Judge me now!) Hehe!

Biscuits with butter and jam-----syiok!

Dinner just for myself!

No comments: